Topeka Spay/Neuter Programs
Topeka Community Cat Fix (TCCF)
Community (feral, wild) cats are trapped, neutered, and returned.
- Free of charge although donations are gladly accepted.
- Cats are also vaccinated for rabies, treated for parasites, and their left ear is tipped so they can be recognized as having been ‘fixed’.
- Trapping occurs once or twice a month; this is an all-volunteer organization so waits of several months for assistance are not uncommon.
- For help with a feral cat colony call (785) 217-7151.
Cat Association of Topeka (CAT)
- Certificates good for $25 off a spay/neuter at participating veterinarians.
- Call (785) 272-4735 for availability.
Topeka Spay Neuter Project (TSNP)
For dogs, pet cats and feral cats
- Referrals to appropriate local or area spay neuter programs.
- Subsidized or free spay/neuter assistance for pet cats and dogs.
- Trap/Neuter/Release assistance:
- Cats are given age appropriate vaccinations, treated for parasites, and their left ear is tipped and/or right ear tattooed.
- Weekly trapping.
- Low cost microchipping.
- Call (785) 408-7387.
Critter Care Program
For pet cats and dogs
- Male cat $25 and female cat $45.
- Male dog $65 and Female dog $90.
- Call (785) 478-9985 to qualify.
Income-Based Low Fee Spay/Neuter
For pet cats
- Cost is $18 for male cats and $27 for a female cat.
- Eligibility: a Vision card, Medicaid card, SSI, or SSD; SSD applicants must not exceed Health & Human Services Poverty Income support guidelines by more than $1000. Income proof requires a copy of the federal income tax return filed the previous year.
- To qualify contact CRITTER CARE at (785) 478-9985.